What U need :
- 1 cup of finger millet (ragi) flour (available at Indian grocery stores)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour(atta)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour(besan)
- salt as per taste
- black pepper as per taste
- 1 tsp. carom seeds(ajwain)
- half onion finely chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies chopped(optional)
- 1 Tblsp. of evoo
- water to make the dough
- Mix everything(except water) together using hands.
- Using just enough water knead it into soft dough. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal size balls(little bigger than ping pong balls).
- I have used whole wheat flour in this dough which makes it really easy to handle, so you can easily roll it using rolling pin like you would do making regular Indian roti or otherwise just pat the dough ball between your palms till you get around 5-6'' flat disc.
- Cook it on a hot iron griddle on medium heat. I takes around 1 minute on each side depending on the thickness and size of roti. Drizzle some oil on both sides, once cooked it'll be crispy and dark brown in color.
- If serving to kids top it with some ghee/butter as flours like corn, bajri, ragi make the bread/roti little dry kind, so it's always good to add some sort of fat like ghee/butter. I also served green chutney along with it.
2) Sudeshna and RV's Food for 7 stages of life - Healthy Fast Food event
3) Srivalli's event Kid's Delight : Wholesome breakfast.